Ardüser, Hans (1557-1617 († ca.))
Ardüser's notes begin in the year 1572 and end in 1614. His chronicle is considered an important source of political and social life in the "Alt Fry Rätien" of the time. Not until the 1870s was Hans Ardüser's chronicle discovered and published by cantonal high school principal J. Bott from Grisons. A large part of the chronicle consists of reports about political events at the end of the 16th and the beginning of the 17th century. In his work Ardüser also mentions crimes and the execution of witches; among other things he reports about extraordinary weather events and consequent crop failures. From his autobiographical nots, which are recorded in the "Rätische Chronik" (Raetian chronicle) as well, it becomes clear that Ardüser was a gifted reader. We can conclude that he obtained his knowledge about all of these topics from written sources such as parish registers, circulating news bulletins, official publications and personal contacts to officials, returning mercenary soldiers or traveling merchants.
Online Since: 06/22/2017
- Ardüser, Hans Found in: Standard description
- Ardüser, Hans: Chronik 1572-1614 (Anfang fehlt). (S. 1-196) Found in: Standard description
- Ardüser, Hans: Autobiographie 1557-1606. (S. 203-228) Found in: Standard description
- Ardüser, Hans: Chronik 1578-1602. (1-60) Found in: Standard description
- Ardüser, Hans (Author) Found in: Standard description