Petrus, Pisanus (ca. S. VIII)
Cod. 207, presumably created in Fleury (St. Benoît-sur-Loire), is one of the few and by far the richest representative of a style that evolved in Fleury towards the end of the 8th century; with its extremely rich and high-quality artistic decoration, consisting of three ornamental pages and almost 140 initials, it is an outstanding example of the creative evolution that the insular language of forms underwent in the important cultural centers of the continent. The manuscript, consisting of 197 leaves in Bern as well as 24 leaves in Paris (BNF, lat. 7520), is the oldest grammar manuscript from Fleury; it contains an early medieval corpus of Roman grammarians from antiquity and from the early medieval period: Bede, Donatus, Maximus Victorinus, Julianus Toletanus, Servius Honoratus, Asper minor, Sergius, Petrus Pisanus, Isidore, as well as numerous other anonymous treatises and excerpts.
Online Since: 10/13/2016
- Petrus, Pisanus: Ars grammatica. (148r) Found in: Standard description
- Petrus, Pisanus: Ars grammatica. (148r–168r )
Incipit: ratio, eo quod ore et ratione consistit (148v) De nomine Donatus dixit: Quaerendum est (155v) De Pronomine. >Pronomen est pars orationis, quae nomine posita< (158r) De verbo. >Verbum quid est? Pars orationis cum tempore< (163v) De adverbio. >A
P Coniunctio est pars orationis adnec Praepositio quid est? Pars orationis id< est (168r) De interiectione. >Q
Explicit: Ipsa elocutio interiectio dicenda est.
- Petrus, Pisanus (Author) Found in: Standard description
- Asper (Author) | Beda, Venerabilis (Author) | Bongars, Jacques (Former possessor) | Daniel, Pierre (Former possessor) | Donatus, Aelius (Author) | Gravisset, Jakob von (Former possessor) | Isidorus, Hispalensis (Author) | Iulianus, Toletanus (Author) | Lindt, Johann (Restorer) | Maximus, Victorinus (Author) | Optatianus Porfyrius, Publilius (Author) | Petrus, Pisanus (Author) | Servius (Author) Found in: Standard description
A significant poetry manuscript from the second half of the 9th as well as the 10th century, produced at the Abbey of St. Gall. Among other items it contains copies of the poem Mosella by Ausonius which recounts a trip on the Rhine and Mosel rivers, a poem in hexameter by Walahfrid Strabo on the life and death of the Irish saint Blathmac (Versus Strabi de beati Blaithmaic vita et fine) and the work De ieiunio quattuor temporum (the so-called Calixtus Letter).
Online Since: 12/23/2008
- Ausonius, Decimus Magnus: Mosella; Walafridus Strabo, Theodulfus, Paulus Diaconus, Petrus Pisanus et Al., Carmina Found in: Standard description
- Walahfridus, Strabo: Theodulfus, Paulus Diaconus, Petrus Pisanus et Al., Carmina Found in: Standard description
- Ausonius, Decimus Magnus (Author) | Paulus, Diaconus (Author) | Petrus, Pisanus (Author) | Theodulfus, Aurelianensis (Author) | Walahfridus, Strabo (Author) Found in: Standard description